Senior Software Engineer (Snr Tech Analyst)
On behalf of our exclusive Derry - Londonderry headquartered software systems integrator client we are seeking to appoint a number of Senior Software Engineers to join their expanding team in the city. You will join as a Senior Technical Analyst and be given the opportunity to really achieve your full potential through a combination of high rewards, unrivalled training and a clear career path within a truly supportive and egalitarian team-working culture. These are not just buzz words to this employer, they demonstrate and promote these qualities in their every day dealings with both team members and clients. The right attitude and emotional intelligence is equally important to technical ability in this team and is rewarded as such. We are seeking empathetic, curious, ambitious team players who have the motivation and communication skills to succeed.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? we are seeking someone with the following experience and qualifications:
- BSC in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years (plus +) software engineering experience working with insurance, financial, compliance or training software
- Clear understanding of business processes and delivering software solutions to clients
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Solid experience of software development lifecycle preferably in an agile environment, waterfall accepted
- Ability to document designs and estimate solutions for low complexity product gaps and enhancements
- Previous experience working with technologies related to a software development role preferable (Git, agile tools, build automation tools etc)
- Track record of producing quality code utilising best practices
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, are important to liaise with clients to interpret their issues into technical solutions
- Some experience leading small to medium sized development teams preferable with a track record of mentoring and coaching junior developers, or the clear ability and interest to alongside technical duties.
- Ability to work independently when necessary essential to the role, we are looking for self starting motivated team members with strong analytical and communication skills.
- Experience of working collaboratively in a team environment to build and update technical documents according to customer specifications also essential.
- Any additional language would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to travel to our customer sites as required
In return you will be offered:
- High industry starting salary (£40k++ and range is depending on your experience and skillset)
- Discretionary 20% bonus of base salary paid quarterly.
This client are always striving to create an attractive benefits package that helps you from day to day but also reflects their culture and values therefore in addition to the exceptional training opportunities you will receive the following:
- Electric Car Scheme (Salary Sacrifice)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme (Salary Sacrifice)
- Workplace Pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Group Cash Plan
In addition to benefits listed the client promises you will be trusted to deliver on your work with no one looking over your shoulder, you will be given the tools, support and autonomy to deliver on your responsibilities in a professional environment. For this reason they are continually listed in Great places to work lists based on anonymous staff survey results.
If you'd like to organise a confidential chat through to see if it's the right move for you please submit CV or drop a message directly to me on email@example.com.